PROGRAM: Care Management Crisis Team
JOB TITLE: Care Manager – Embedded at Saratoga Hospital ED
- Associates degree in a Human Services related field and at least 3 years of experience in providing direct treatment services, assessment, advocacy and crisis management
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services related field and at least 2 years of experience in providing direct treatment services, assessment, advocacy and crisis management
- Case Management experience in a mental health or hospital setting preferred
- A vehicle, valid NY State Driver’s License, and a driving record acceptable to the TSA automotive program are required. Must be willing and able to safely perform driving responsibilities as assigned.
- Computer proficiency required
The Embedded Care Manager must be understanding of the needs of sensitive populations, possess excellent organizational and time management skills, be empathetic, and have good professional boundaries and follow through. Must work well independently and as part of a team, to be able to connect closely with a large number or professionals in a variety of settings. Applicant must possess strong crisis management and problem-solving skills. Must subscribe to strict standards of professional ethics and confidentiality.
The Embedded Care Manager is primarily located at the Saratoga Hospital Emergency Department, and reports to assigned Care Management supervisor while on site. Directly supervised by the TSA Care Management Program Director.
The Embedded Care Manager will have a broad range of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Be available to existing care management clients as a resource if they present at the ED; act as a liaison with their primary Care Manager to coordinate follow-up
- Identify new individuals who may be eligible for Health Home Care Management services, make referrals, and begin outreach to those individuals
- Work with Saratoga Hospital staff to identify individuals who may be in need of intensive follow-up support, arrange for, and ensure that those services are provided
- Conduct assessments and develop person-centered plans of care
- Provide liaison services to hospitals, primary care doctors, outpatient mental health providers, and community support services for medical, behavioral, social and housing needs as appropriate
- Participate in readmission avoidance action plan strategies
- Meet accurate and timely reporting requirements pursuant to regulatory standards and record all activities in a computer database
- Compliance with confidentiality laws including HIPAA
- Provide supportive counseling for clients as necessary
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all rules, guidelines, policies and procedures of all applicable Health Homes and all regulatory oversight agencies
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Program Director